ENTRIES CLOSE 30 APRIL 2013
> See past results
A $1,000 prize pool. Promotion for your breeding programme. Publicity for the Sportaloosa sire or dam. A magnificent perpetual trophy. There are so many benefits, you'd think the entry fee would be high.... but it's free for registered foals to enter.
The Sportaloosa video futurity makes it all easy; it's the event you don't have to travel to attend, and you get the opportunity to film your foal looking its very best, at the perfect age. Plus, you'll have a lasting memory of your classy Sportaloosa at a young age.
The futurity is open to all registered Sportaloosa foals by, or out of, a registered Sportaloosa.
The prize pool is split among the first 4 placegetters as follows: $400, $300, $200, $100.
This year's judge
Andrew Buckley of EB Lodge Performance Horses, NSW, Australia
What do you need to do?
- Wait until your foal is looking extra good: sleek, shiny and about 6 months old
- Film him/her at liberty, showing walk, trot and canter as well as views from either side, front and back
- Make sure you have your back to the sun and use your zoom, so the judge gets a good, clear view
- The best time to film is in the early evening, when the light is soft.
- Edit your video to include only the best bits; a maximum of 5 minutes long
- There's a viewers' choice award for the best made video, so put in a good effort!
- Send it on DVD or CD to your nearest Sportaloosa office before the closing date (above) along with your foal's registration if not already done
* FINE PRINT AND REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY
- entry is free to eligible foals
- futurity is open to foals born between 1 August 2012 and 30 March 2013 that are registered with Sportaloosa International
- foals must be by a registered Sportaloosa stallion and/or out of a registered Sportaloosa mare
- the stallion or mare can be registered with Sportaloosa International up until entries close
- the registration application for foal can be received any time up until entries close
- the person submitting the entry must be a member of Sportaloosa International and must be the registered owner of the foal
- the video can have been filmed by anyone but the person submitting the entry must have the videographer's permission to use their work
- the video can be submitted on DVD or CD
- there is no limit to the number of eligible foals that can be entered by any Sportaloosa member
- once submitted, the entry becomes the property of Sportaloosa International and may be used in advertising, promotion and publicity